You want to change the size of your WordPress logo but you’re not sure how to do it. You’ve tried following tutorials online but they all seem to be for different themes or plugins. What’s a girl to do?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll show you how to change your WordPress logo size in 5 easy steps, no matter what theme you’re using. So whether your logo is too small or too big, read on for the solution!
The logo for a website is an essential branding tool. The majority of websites put it there because of this. This is the first thing website visitors notice when they arrive.
After installing a WordPress website on your website, one of the first things you should do is add a logo. Depending on the theme you’ve chosen, you’ll typically see a tab on the left side of your WordPress admin area.
Completely customizable logo and responsive theme available.
This article will teach you:
- Why is a logo crucial for a WordPress website?
- How can a logo be created cheaply or for free?
- How can you add or edit the title and logo for your website?
Why You Might Want to Change Your WordPress Logo Size
Maybe you’re not happy with the current logo size, or maybe you want to change it up to freshen up your website’s look. Whatever the reason, it’s not difficult to make the change. Just follow these five easy steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on “Appearance” and then “Customize”.
3. Scroll down to the “Header” section and then click on “Upload Logo”.
4. Select the file from your computer and then click on “Open”.
5. Click on “Save & Publish”.
How to Change Your WordPress Logo Size Using a Plugin
So you want to change the size of your WordPress logo? It’s actually a lot easier than you might think. Just follow these five easy steps:
First, install and activate the WP Logo Size plugin. This plugin will give you a simple control panel where you can easily change the size of your logo.
Next, go to Settings > WP Logo Size and enter the dimensions of your new logo.
Then, save your changes and upload your logo to the media library.
Make sure to clear your cache and reload your website to see the new logo in effect.
And that’s it! You’re done!
How to Change Your WordPress Logo Size by Editing Your Theme Files
By editing your theme files, you can change the size of your WordPress logo. This is the best way to go if you want to change your logo size permanently.
1. First, make a backup of your theme files. This is just in case something goes wrong and you need to revert back to the old files.
2. Now, locate the file called “header.php” and open it in a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit.
3. Look for the following line of code:
4. Change the width and height of the logo, like so:
5. Save the file and upload it back to your website.
What to Do if Your WordPress Theme Doesn’t Have a Logo
If your WordPress theme doesn’t have a logo size option, don’t worry. There’s still a way to change it. Just follow these five easy steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress site and go to the Appearance menu.
2. Click on Header.
3. In the Logo box, type in the URL of the logo you want to use.
4. Click Save Changes.
5. Go to your front page and refresh the page to see your new logo in action.
How to Change Your WordPress Favicon
Ready to change your WordPress logo size? Here are the easy steps you need to follow:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to Appearance and then Editor.
3. Select the Header file from the right-hand column.
4. Delete the text in the Logo field, and then paste in the URL of your new logo.
5. Click Update File, and then close the Editor window.
That’s it! Your new logo will be displayed on your website right away.
But what if you want to change your favicon as well? No problem! Just follow these same steps, but instead of pasting in the URL of your logo, paste in the URL of your favicon instead. And then click Update File once you’re done.
You’ve probably seen a bunch of different-sized WordPress logos on different websites. And you may be wondering why your logo doesn’t look as good as those other ones. The reason? They probably customized their logo size using this easy guide.
Now, you can customize your logo size in 5 easy steps, and have it looking better than ever in no time.