If you have ever wondered how to install a WordPress plugin, it’s easy! In this article I will show you how easy it is for beginners to learn how to install plugins on their own. How to Install a WordPress Plugin – Step by Step
Step 1# Login to your WordPress account
Now that you’ve already made sure that your WordPress installation is ready to go, it’s time to log in.
- Click on the wordpress logo at the top of your browser window and select “Login.”
- Type in your username and password, then click “Login” again once you’ve entered them correctly.
Step 2: Dashboard, click on “Plugins” and then “Add New”.
- On the left-hand panel, on the dashboard, click on “Plugins” and then “Add New”.
- In the pop-up window that appears, type in a name for your plugin. This is not essential but it helps to distinguish between different plugins when you have more than one installed in your WordPress site. For example: if I added another plugin called “WordPress SEO” I would name it something like ‘WordPress SEO’ or ‘SEO Plugin’.
- Select where you want this plugin to be stored — either inside or outside of WordPress — before clicking ‘Create Plugin’.
Step 3: Search Plugin
- Search for the plugin you want to install by name, author or tag. Or upload a plugin directly if you have already downloaded it to your computer.
- When searching for plugins, make sure that the search is set up correctly so that it will show results from all categories (free and paid).
- If there are many results on one page, scroll down and click “Next” next to each result until all of them load in order before moving on to step 4 below!
Step 4: Click the “install now” button.
Now that you’ve installed your plugin, it’s time to activate it. This process involves completing a few steps so that the plugin can be used on your site.
- Click on the “Activate” button that was added when you installed the plugin. This will bring up a window where you will enter some information about yourself and authorize the plugin for use on your site.
- You’ll then be asked if this is allowed by WordPress—if so, just click “Next.”
Step 5: installation is complete, click the “activate” button.
When the installation is complete, click the “activate” button. This will confirm that you have installed your plugin and enable it for use in WordPress.
How Easy it is to install plugins yourself!
- It’s easy to install plugins yourself!
- Plugins are free.
- You can get a lot of plugins for free, and they’re easy to install.
- Plugins will make your site more useful for visitors, especially if you want to use them in conjunction with other plugins (like those that help with SEO or speed).
The best thing about WordPress is that it’s easy to install plugins. In this article, we walked you through the process step-by-step to show exactly how easy it can be for beginners! How to Install a WordPress Plugin – Step by Step – 2023