Yoast SEO is a powerful plugin for WordPress that helps you optimize your website for search engines. It is one of the most popular plugins in the world and has helped thousands of people achieve better rankings on Google. However, it does require some setup before it can be used properly. If you have just installed Yoast SEO for the first time and want to learn how to use this plugin then follow these steps: How to Install and Setup Yoast SEO Plugin WordPress – 2025
Installation and Setup
The first step is to install the Yoast SEO plugin. To do this, log into your WordPress site, go to Plugins > Add New and search for “Yoast SEO” in the list of results. Once you’ve added the plugin, activate it by clicking on Activate Plugin from the top right corner of your screen (or via its respective menu item). You should now see a green checkmark next to this option; if there is no checkmark or if it’s grayed out, then either there was an error during installation or something went wrong after activating this plugin—see below for further instructions on how to troubleshoot problems with specific plugins before proceeding further!
You can now configure some settings within this section by clicking on Configure Settings in its submenu at any time while logged into your WordPress dashboard:
You Need to install and Activate the Yoast SEO Plugin
You can install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin by following these steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Plugins’ in the left menu bar at the top of your screen. Then choose Add New to search for and install a new plugin from Google Play or another repository (like our repository).
Once you’ve installed it, go back to where you were before installing it and click on Activate Plugin under Plugins tab which will open up a pop-up window asking whether or not want to activate this plugin right now? If yes, then click Activate Now button at bottom left corner of pop up window; otherwise choose No if not yet ready for activation yet because sometimes plugins need some time before they’re fully functional with new version releases (e.g., Yoast SEO v3).
Upon Activation, you Need to Visit SEO
Upon activation, you need to visit SEO » Dashboard page to setup the plugin for the first time. First thing you need to do is click on the ‘General’ tab and then click on the ‘Features’ tab. This will show you a list of features. You can enable or disable any of these features that you want or don’t want in Yoast SEO.
You can also change settings by going into settings pages like:
- Indexation (sitemap) * Permalinks/URL Structure/Meta Tags * Page Titles and Meta Descriptions (title tags)
Once you have enabled what you want, scroll down and click on the Save Changes button.
Now that your settings are saved, it’s time to make sure that everything goes according to plan!
After that a popup will appear where you would need to choose between Company or Person profile type. If it is your personal blog then choose Person. If it is a business site then choose Company.
Now let’s go ahead and click on Install Now button at the bottom of this screen, which will take you back to our WordPress dashboard where we will see Yoast SEO plugin installed successfully!
‘Save Changes’ button again to Save Your Settings
Next, click on ‘Save Changes’ button again to save your settings.
This will take you to another page where you can edit some more options related to Yoast SEO.
On the Next Screen
- Select your environment from three different options; Production, Staging or Development site.
- If you are running a staging or development site then select the Development option.
- If you are running a production site in which case go with Production option as this is the live version of your website that visitors will see when they visit it.
Next, it Will Ask you if this Website Represents
Now, it will ask you if this website represents a company or an individual person? Select the appropriate option and then click on ‘Next’ button.
Once you have selected the profile type, WordPress will display a list of available environment types for this site. You can select one of those environments by clicking on it or pressing Enter key on your keyboard. How to Install and Setup Yoast SEO Plugin WordPress
With all these steps, you are now ready to start using Yoast SEO WordPress plugin. You might be wondering why we have written this post. Well, if your website is not performing well enough in search engines then I would recommend that you consider installing this plugin to ensure a good ranking for your site. How to Install and Setup Yoast SEO Plugin WordPress – 2025
- This tutorial will show you how to install and setup Yoast SEO plugin WordPress.
- This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress website.
- This article will guide you through the process of installing and configuring the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress.
- In this article, I am going to walk you through the process of installing and setting up the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress.
- This article is a step by step guide on how to install and setup Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress.
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. It helps you optimize your site for search engines, giving you insight into what search engines like Google and Bing think about your site. It also helps you increase your organic traffic by encouraging visitors to click on the title, meta description and keywords of your post.
Yoast SEO has been downloaded over 13 million times with more than 2 million active installations. The plugin also has a 4 out of 5 star rating from more than 580,000 reviews on the WordPress repository.