As a jewelry designer, you need to know the best materials and techniques for your designs. You will have to understand different gemstones, metals, and stones so that you can choose the right ones for your design. In this jewelry design course, we will teach you how to create beautiful and professional designs using basic jewelers tools like pliers, chain nose pliers, round nose pliers etc.
Jewelry Design is one of the most popular courses in art schools. The course teaches students to create personal and unique pieces of jewelry from a variety of materials. Students learn about different metals, gems, beads, tools and design techniques and work on a series of projects to demonstrate their new skills throughout the course. Students are also introduced to the process of selling their designs through galleries, boutiques, other designers and at craft fairs.
Additionally, students may be able to find work as freelance designers or in retail stores when they graduate. The course is designed for both aspiring artists looking to explore their creativity as well as those who want a career opportunity in fashion or design industries. Jewelry design is a beautiful art, and it’s easy to indulge in this hobby. There are various courses for jewelry design available, depending on the level of skills you want to acquire. In some countries, undergoing jewelry making training is necessary for those who want to get into the industry. Jewelry making schools and institutes provide hands-on training with experienced teachers who will teach how to design and make jewelry with different techniques.
Jewelry Design Course Outline
- Develop sources of inspiration
- Understand jewelry design theory and artistry
- Illustrate shape, form, and texture of metal
- Render faceted gems, pearls, colored metals, etc.
- Learn traditional drafting techniques
- Develop motifs to create sketches of jewelry objects
- Create a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
- Use of simple tools for effective design
- Two day workshop on handcrafted jewelry
- Designing a portfolio
- Gold, diamond and craftsmanship calculations
- Available in India and U.A.E.