You’ve probably heard of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) but you might not be familiar with the term URL structure. If you’re new to SEO, or just want a refresher on how it works, this article is for you! What is a SEO Friendly URL Structure in WordPress
What is a SEO Friendly URL Structure in WordPress?
SEO friendly URL structure is important for search engine optimization because it makes it easier for search engines to index your content and display the most relevant results on their SERPs.
SEO friendly URL Structure makes it easier for users to find your content, which means you can increase traffic from organic searches, social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter as well as paid advertising campaigns.
How to Create SEO Friendly URL Structure
To create SEO friendly URL structure in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Create a new page (a blog post).
- Click on the permalink tab and click on “custom structure.” This will open up your custom URL settings for you to modify it.
- Select “post name” as the option for your URL structure and click “update” at bottom of screen (this should be done before saving).
- To save this change, click “save changes” button at bottom right corner of screen
SEO Friendly URL Structure
- Use hyphens instead of underscores
- Don’t use special characters in URLs (like “%” or “/”)
- Make sure the URL is short and easy to remember, which means no more than 12 characters long
SEO friendly URL Structure is important for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO friendly URL structure is important for search engine optimization. When you have a website, it is important to make sure that you have the right kind of URL structure.
Why? Well, the reason behind this is because Google and other search engines use algorithms to determine which websites are most relevant for a user’s query. If your site has an SEO friendly URL structure then it will be ranked higher on the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) by passing their algorithm test.
If you’re new to WordPress, then I’d recommend reading our blog post here on how to make your WordPress site faster so we can get started with some basic tips on how we can improve performance even further!
We hope this article has helped you understand what a SEO friendly URL structure is and how to make one. If you want to learn more about search engine optimization, check out our thorough guide on the topic. What is a SEO Friendly URL Structure in WordPress